Wednesday, February 22, 2006

"a familiar voice....Tom Brokaw....": A day in the life of an Olympics intern

This just in from Annie Grappone, one of our interns at NBC Sports in Turino...how's this for cool?

Hello one and all!

Another quick note from torino. I was at the mens speed skating event yesterday where the USA won a silver and a gold. I posted those pictures on my website in the speed skating album, along with some pictures of where I sit at work, and what happens when I get a script to deliver. Those pictures are in the album titled "Where exactly I work, and what it is I do there..."
http://community.webshots.com/user/icbanannie

Another quick side note, yesterday I was sitting at my desk watching the ladies figure skating, which was AMAZING, and I felt a hand on my shoulders and a familer voice ask me if Sasha Cohen, the American, had skated yet. Without turning around, I recognized the voice at that of Tom Brokaw. I answered his question, and then he shook my hand and thanked me, and walked on down the hall. It was so surprising, but amazing at the same time. I didn't even know he was in Torino.

Anyway, thats all from the Olympics. Can't wait for the finals for figure skating tonight!!

I have added some links that my school has made about our experiences here, check them out if you want.

-Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home