Sunday, August 28, 2005

Our very own, very special, very important tour guides....including you?

Hi everybody,

A couple of times last year, I listened to one of the college tour guides speaking to a group of students and their families; both times, the guide was trying really hard to describe our programs and facilities accurately, but with somewhat limited success.

This summer, I talked to another tour guide, a great kid who didn't hesitate for a minute to ttell me that Park is the hardest school on campus to take visitors through -- too much equipment, too many labs, too many specifics, too many programs...

It occurred to me that it might be a good idea if Park had our own tour guides, students who understand our programs and our facilities, and who feel a sense of pride and ownership in showing them off to the world.

So we've decided to start our own Dean's Host Committee, a group of Parkies that will work with Admissions to provide tours of the Park School to prospective students and their families. I've spoken to the Admissions Office; they think it's a great idea. And I'm hoping you will, too.

If you're interested -- even just to find out a little bit more about it -- please contact my assistant, Bonnie Ryan, at bryan@ithaca.edu, or call her at 4-3895 before Sept. 10. We'll set up a meeting (I'll buy food!) and we'll take it from there.

We have a lot to be proud of here in the Park School, and it would be great if we took on the task of sharing our story -- and nobody can do that better than the people who know us best: you!

Dianne

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Dianne,

As a parent who went on the tour, this is a great idea. Our guide was terrific and and knowledgable, but I can see how it could have been different due to the complexity and many stops.

--Jeff Rubin

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally!!! I am so glad you are getting this set up.
~An Alum

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home