Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Life After Park: 3:50 a.m. and all is well....

This just in from Colorado; there's (great) life after Park (though, OK, so some of it happens at 3 a.m.....)

Hey all,
>
> It's been a while since I've written one of these emails, so I figured
> was as good a time as ever to do so.
>
> It's about 3:50 in the morning right now. My show is completely
> stacked, and I'm just waiting to answer any questions that the anchors
> or tech. crew may have before we go on the air. I'm also listening to
> the scanners to make sure no breaking news happens, but it's early
> Wednesday morning, which probably means nothing will happen.
>
> I'm completely settled in here. I finally have an apartment full of
> furniture, which is nice because it means I don't need to sit on the
> floor anymore. It's hard to believe that I've been out here four
> months now.
>
> In case you haven't heard, I was promoted at KOAA. I was
> originallyhired as the 5am producer. Now, I've taken over the reigns
> of the 6am show... sort of. We're short a person, so anywhere from
> three to five days a week, I produce both the 5 and 6. By the way...
> two hours of news takes a lot out of a person. The days when I have a
> co-producer here, I just do the 5am. That'll be the case until we
> hire a new 5am producer. SOOOO... if anyone knows of anybody looking
> for a producing job... at the #1 station in market 94... please send
> them my way.
>
> Otherwise, life is good. I've had some visitors out here, but more
> are always welcome. So if you want to visit Colorado, let me know. I
> actually went to become a Colorado resident, but I had an issue at the
> DMV. Apparently, my birth certificate is invalid, so they wouldn't
> issue me a license. Now I'm dealing with the states of New Jersey and
> Colorado to get this all worked out. It may be possible that I was
> never born, though I think there's sufficient proof to show that
> that's not the case.
>
> I guess that's all for now. Hope everyone's doing well. I'll speak
> with you soon. Best wishes and, of course, Ithaca Forever!
>
> -Aaron (Inver)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home