Sunday, February 20, 2005

Faculty really matter. So take a minute (or six) and nominate one.....

Hey everybody,

I know you're busy. I know you have a thousand things to do before March 18. But do me a favor, will you? Take some time out of that crazy schedule, and acknowledge one of your faculty members -- the one who has made all the difference in your experience in Park.

The college's Faculty Development Committee awards an annual Excellence in Teaching Award every year, and there is nothing more wonderful in a faculty member's life than getting that award because a student nominated him/her for it.

Nominations for the award must include:

1. a cover page
2. the faculty member's CV (you can ask him/her for it, or ask me and I'll get it for you);
3. a letter of application (this comes from the faculty member, and again, I can help you with this);
4. a nominating letter (this comes from you, talking about why you're nominating the faculty member)
5. two support letters from faculty colleagues. You'll need to ask other faculty in the department; they'll be happy to help.
6. a support letter from another student.

Each support letter must be no longer than two pages in length.

When you have everything collected, send it to Mara Alper, chair of the Faculty Development Committee, at malper@ithaca.edu

Remember: the deadline is March 18.

It sounds like a lot, I know. But just think how thrilled your favorite faculty member would be....not just by winning, but by being nominated by you.

Let me know if I can help.

Dianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home