Monday, September 04, 2006

Back from Chicago...and ready to start again!

Hey everybody,

I spent the end of last week in Chicago, attending a meeting of the national Accrediting Council of schools of journalism and mass comm; that's the group that decides whether a school is accredited, and I have just been elected to a three-year term. That's good news, though, because it means that I am going to be spending some of my time this year traveling around to other programs and reviewing their curricula and staffing. It will give me the opportunity to benchmark Park against other schools and to bring home the best ideas....imitation is the greatest form of flattery, you know, and I'm a big believer in adopting great ideas, even if we didn't think of them first.

This week is the 'real' start of school -- at least it seems like that to me. It was great to see so many of you at ICTV Rush Night last week, and I am really sorry to have missed VIC, ICB and the Ithacan's; there was no way around that trip to Chicago. But I heard they were great, too. And iMPrint t is this week, as is PRSSA; here are the details:

iMPrint:

MPrint Magazine: College Life's Internet Magazine, named best online magazine in the nation by the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, will hold rush night on Wednesday, Sept. 6 at 7 p.m. in Clark Lounge in Campus Center.

iMPrint is seeking enthusiastic writers, editors, web designers, promoters and advertisers to continue to become the hub for college life on the Internet.

And PRSSA:

What: Informational meeting for the two marketing communication clubs on
campus - there will be candy and other various snacks yum
PRSSA - Public Relations Student Society of America
AAF - American Advertising Federation

When: THIS THURSDAY, September 7, 7:00 pm

Where: IC Square

Why: You should come because I love you all very much and want to see your
bright smiling faces. These organizations also look good on resumes and we
do many cool things if my love for you isn't enough.

fyi - PRSSA meets on tuesday nights at 7 in park

Show up. Sign up. Be a part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home