Sunday, October 29, 2006

Alex Estabrook '06 heads to ESPN!

This just in from Alex Estabrook, class of 2006 (and he may have had his doubts, but we knew he could do it -- and he did!)

Dean Lynch,

...I just wanted to let you know that the Human Resources Director at ESPN called me back yesterday and let me know that ESPN wants to hire me! My official job title is Studio Technician but I'm mainly going to be editing short pieces for Outside the Lines and Sportscenter and some of their other shows. My first day is November 27th, the Monday after Thanksgiving break, so I have a lot to do in a short period of time.

... When we first sat down to talk back in May in your office and you said I should
pursue a job at ESPN, I thought your sites were set a little too high for me. I was thinking some local station around the area would be fine. I never thought that a few months later I would be preparing to pack up and move to Bristol CT to edit for the worldwide leader in sports....

Sincerely,

-Alex Estabrook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home