Thursday, August 16, 2007

Welcome back!

Greetings!

Today is the day! The faculty are back on campus, and it's starting to look like one of my favorite times of year, when you all come back and everybody is so excited to see one another and everything starts again. The wonder of teaching is that every fall is a new beginning, a new chance to do it better, to dream big dreams, to make the impossible happen. I love it.

It's also the day I'm back to blogging on a regular basis. I sort of took the summer off -- not because I didn't have anything to say (Ha! like that would ever happen!) but because I figured most of you wouldn't be reading anyway, and I don't want you to miss all the great things we're doing in Park. Like, for example:

As I write this, the Park School's faculty and staff are engaged in our very first all-school Technology Day. Everybody has signed up for two technology sessions -- one in the morning and one in the afternoon -- that cover a wide range of topics, from the iLife suite (on the MacBook Pros), to gaming, WebCT, the college's Web Profile Manager, podcasting, wellness & technology, and Second Life. I walked down the hallway this morning and listened in at every door; the conversations were so engaged, so energetic, so much a reflection of the energy we bring to these new opportunities for teaching and learning. And next week, a smaller group of faculty will spend three full days in an intensive workshop on digital storytelling, presented by the experts from the Digital Storytelling Center in San Francisco.

Way cool, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home