Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ANY chance you'll be doing an internship in the next year? Are you SURE?

Greetings,

Every spring, usually in early May, students come to my office to tell me that they have just been awarded a FANTASTIC internship and they are SO excited and they want me to sign the paperwork.

And I look at them and say, "OK, that's SO great. But have you done the sexual harassment training?"

And they say, "Huh? What sexual harassment training?"

And I say, "Uh-oh."


So here it is October.

And you have a million things going on. But NOW is the time to do that sexual harassment training if you haven't done it already.

It's kind of like a vaccination. You only have to do it once. But EVERY student who enrolls in any internship course for credit in the Park School has to have completed the training. No exceptions.

(Yes, OK, last spring I just couldn't let this get in the way of students' great opportunities so I actually provided the training to small groups of kids, even one-on-one for some of them....and I just don't think we're going to be able to do that again....)

So mark your calendars, show up, we take attendance, and you'll be all set when NBC Sports, or J. Walter Thompson, or the New York Times calls and says "We would love to have you with us this summer...."

Here are the details:

Thursday, October 25, 12:10 - 1:00, Park Auditorium
The last session of the semester will be held:
Tuesday, December 4, 12:10 - 1:00 in the Park Auditorium.

Additional sessions will be scheduled in the Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home