Thursday, October 27, 2005

'05 Alum promoting 'short, creepy film'

This just in from Peter Tartara, class of 2005: He's working in NYC, loving it, and wants you to watch a creepy movie:

Dean Lynch,

My name is Peter Tatara. I'm presently the Assistant Marketing Manager at Central Park Media, a boutique Japanese animation distributor in NYC. Five months ago, I was a senior graduating from the Park School of Communications. I wanted to write you today with some information I'd like you to post in the Park School blog and potentially in an e-mail mailing. I know from talking to friends still at IC that they're worried about the job market and if four years of studying hard actually equate to getting a job once it's all over.

The short answer is yes. You learn a lot at IC, and my Ithaca education has helped me immensely. However, you've got to push to get into any doors. Ithaca helps, but it is ultimately your responsibility to make calls, post resumes, and search for where you want to go from here.

I started at CPM as an intern while still at IC and continued to speak to them after my internship was over. It turned into a job offer before graduation. I'm very, very happy. The big thing I've been working on at Central Park Media since starting is the domestic release of a short, creepy computer-generated film titled "Kakurenbo" ( www.centralparkmedia.com/kakurenbo/ ). Animated by only a team of four men, it has been compared to big budget studio works like "Appleseed" and won awards including the Exemplary Production Award at the Tokyo International Animation Fair and Best Short Film at the Fantasia International Film Festival. Critics, mesmerized, have called it "brilliant," "beautiful," "timeless," and "flawless."

I wanted to write to you today to let know you "Kakurenbo," on DVD earlier this month, has been picked up for a special pre-Halloween broadcast this weekend at midnight on October 29th on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. We're all very proud of "Kakurenbo" at CPM, and I wanted Park not to miss the special this weekend.

Peter Tatara
Assistant Marketing Manager
Central Park Media
250 W 57th St, Ste. 317
New York, NY 10107
www.centralparkmedia.com
ptatara@teamcpm.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home