Friday, December 23, 2005

CellFlix hits the big time...

Hi everybody,

I thought I'd let you all know that the Cell Flix Festival (www.cellflixfestival.org) is enjoying its fifteen minutes of fame this weekend. The story went out on the Associated Press wire a few days ago, and I've heard from folks in LA, Cincinnati and indianapolis already this morning.

Even cooler? The festival was on the news ticker in Times Square yesterday, and I just got an email from Good Morning America, which is interested in doing a story on the finalists. The New York Times ran a story last weekend on the festival, and NBC has already asked to sponsor it next year (we didn't accept outside sponsors this year; we want this one to be a Park School project).

In short, we're famous....at least for the moment. it's nice to be recognized.

And it'd be even nicer if one of the blog's readers actually WON. The contest is open until January 10, and it offers a $5,000 cash prize. Not a bad return for a 30-second story....

Happy holidays!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea. Is it only for students? Or can anybody enter? thanks

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dean Lynch,
I was flipping through one of my favorite blog sites "Cinematical"
http://www.cinematical.com/2005/12/24/and-the-winner-for-best-cell-phone-film-goes-to/
and guess what made their list of stories! Just wanted to give you a heads up...
Also, while I didn't really get to meet you first hand, I just wanted to say that you really are doing great things for the Park School, and that any people who are reading this website solely because of the Cellflix festival should know it to.

Andrew Chu

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you may not remember me, but my name is Nathan Brown. I graduated last year, and you were in my Wizard of Oz video. I also created "Work In Progress" for ICTV. I just wanted to let you know that I opened the local paper this morning in Allentown, PA, and found the AP story featuring you and Suds, and Sasha, and was completely loving it. I looked it up online and the amount of high profile media outlets carrying the story is astronomical. I've always loved the direction you've taken the school, and this is another creative step in the right direction. I've said since graduation, that with all the changes since my freshman year, that I'm so jealous that I didn't start two and a half years ago. Keep everything running strong and awesome.

Nate Brown '05

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The AP story is in the Seattle Times.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home