Monday, September 04, 2006

Passion and Commitment: That's Park

I just received this in my inbox from the parent of one of our students. She's writing to Janice Levy, a faculty member who teaches photography in the Park School. And she's talking about a clip from a documentary film project currently posted on the Park School's Portfolio page (off the school's homepage).

First, read the email. Then check out the video if you haven't seen it already.

Pretty amazing, huh?

Dear Janice, I am a mother of a student at Ithaca and my duty and joy is to cruise around the Ithaca websites see what is new and exciting at the school. I came across your video that you did for Park on your trip to Antiqua. I cannot describe the excitement I felt when I saw what you shot and your feelings behind the trip. I have always loved taking pictures and when you get that one fabulous photo I liken it to golf - all you need is one great shot to keep you on the course. When I come across unbelievable stories and pictures like the ones you took I cannot help but say, thank you. You are giving kids in your class a gift of your passion. I have forwarded the Ithaca website to a friend's daughter interested in photography with the hope that she will pursue her passion and take it to the artistic, creative and human level you have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home