Thursday, January 11, 2007

OK, so I watch the Super Bowl just for the ads...and this year, I have a reason!

I'm a big fan of the Super Bowl, but it has nothing to do with the game. I tune in for the ads (you, too?)

It's the biggest night of the year for advertising agencies, which use the game as the backdrop for what really matters: those 30- and 60-second magic messages that set the standard for creativity and innovation across the industry.

This year, one of those messages comes directly to you -- and to the estimated 140 million other Super Bowl viewers -- from (you guessed it) a Parkie.

Gino Bona, a '95 TVR major, just won the National Football League's Super Bowl ad contest, which means his concept (which captures the angst and misery of football fans at the end of the season) beat out thousands of others to earn a coveted slot in the Super Bowl line-up.

Here's a story from the Buffalo News

Congratulations, Gino! We'll be among the 140 million fans cheering for you...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Aurora Roe and I am a freshman here at Ithaca College. I'm currently in Dover, New Hampshire visiting my father. My step-mom's cousin is a radio DJ at WSHK "The Shark." I had the opportunity earlier today to spend 3 hours at the station getting a tour and learning the ropes. While in the commercial editing room a young UNH graduate was showing me this commercial online of the Super Bowl pitch. They're taking the audio from that video and making it into a commercial to air on the radio at their radio station! We had been talking about it for about 20 minutes because everyone was so excited that a local had this opportunity and won it. After checking out the Intercom I saw that he was an IC Grad. What a small world!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeahhhhh Buffalo!

:)

- Nicki Wheeler '10 C&P

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home