Thursday, August 23, 2007

DigiJO....can't wait.

Hey,

I know I'm leaving in January, but this is just to let you all know that, until I leave the city limits of Trumansburg (my hometown, ever been to the Rongo? worth the drive...) in the dead of winter, I'm still the 100 percent -- no, 110 percent -- dean of the Park School. And I'm going to enjoy, and take advantage of, every minute of it.

I'm even going to get to teach this fall (hurrah!). A team of us -- me, Ari Kissiloff, Adam Peruta (new advertising faculty), and Michael Serino -- are ganging up (and I say that in the nicest possible way) to teach Digital Journalism.

I'm teaching the lectures -- the ethics, economics, communities, practices -- of online news. Ari and Adam are teaching the technology: we're giving teams of students our new backpack journalism kits for the semester (woo-hoo). And Michael will be coordinating the students' interactions with and work for the Ithacan Online (our only full-time online newsroom, so the perfect partner in the production of daily digital journalism on deadline...though students will be able to contribute their packages and features to other publications as well).

It's a new model for teaching the course, and I'm SO excited about the opportunity to be a part of it.

Besides, I couldn't leave Park without spending as much time as possible with you guys...and that includes inside the classroom as well as outside of it.

Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home