It's summer. You have time TO VOTE (and VOTE and VOTE....)
It's summer. You're all finished with classes, exams, projects, papers, presentations...and yes, even if you're working, there are still more hours in the day for you to....
You know how this works. We've done it lots of times before. And Parkies WIN because you all are...well, Parkies. And you take the time to help each other out, knowing that when it's your turn, we'll all help you, too (that's what community is all about, after all....)
So today, it's Brian Barnes' turn. And here's the deal:
Brian has written an exceptionally wonderful screenplay for a short film (remember that old rhyme you used to say when you were a kid, about stepping on a crack and breaking your mother's back? Of course you do....).
So wonderful, in fact, that it's a finalist in a competition, this one sponsored by the National Film Board of Canada (how's *that* for international acclaim?).
It's now part of an online voting contest - which is, of course, where you come in.
We need you to vote.
Here's how you vote:
1) Go to this link: http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/1_page_screenplay_vote.html
There is a list of videos.
2) Click on "Don't Step on a Crack" by Brian Barnes. It is in the middle column, 2nd to last row.
3) Watch the video if you want! Laugh, cry, be merry.
4) To the right of the video is a voting ballot. Type in your first name, e-mail address, and click the little box beside "Don't Step on a Crack." A check mark will appear.
5) Press submit and you're done.
And then, of course, you can do it again (or at least, I can't find the rule that says you CAN'T do it again!)
Voting ends May 30th.
Brian thanks you. And so do I.